The advantages of a rooted device are unlimited. Root users are in complete control.
Some notable benefits include:
- Support for themes, allowing everything to be visually changed from the color of the battery icon, to the boot animation that appears while the device is booting, and more.
- Full application control, including the ability to backup, restore, or batch edit applications
- Block advertisements across all apps
- Install a ROM (i.e. CyanogenMod)
- Remove bloatware from your device
- Install a custom recovery (i.e. TWRP or ClockworkMod recovery)
- Full control of the kernel, which, for example, allows overclocking the CPU and GPU
- Install Xposed framework and modules to modify system and app behavior
- Turn your device into a WiFi hotspot (i.e. WiFi tethering)
- Unlock hidden features, gain performance, and battery enhancements
- Take advantage of the best backup software Android has to offer
- Extend the life of your device by installing the latest version of Android
Once rooted you truly own your device. You will have access to modify anything!